Listed on Blogwise

Monday, February 06, 2006

been to busy to blog

December seemed to disappear with Christmas things going on at the church, and a few signs and handyman / painting jobs.

January was a blur - I'd taken on a large project with a deadline and then promptly injured myself.

Feb, I'm back to work almost normal. a lot of catching up to do.

Signs - The museum job is my number one priority, followed by an awkward small street sign that I have to refit with lights and plexi which is a big nusance which I wish i'd never taken on. It looked so simple yet I have spent countless hours and still it isn't right. At first it was suppose to be solar lit, which I knew nothing about and it turned out would cause more than a thousand dollars just for parts. Now I will go with LEDs which I likewise have had to learn about and is not as expensive but still a nusance to do. I don't like doing things micky-mouse, and properly in this case needs a whole day of which i never seem to have, especially since i now will make no money on. But I will do it, luckily the client has endless patience and is not in a hurry, especially with the snow on the ground, it has to wait till the ground is soft enough to drill a post hole to mount it.

This is another kind of sign a sign that I should not take on things which I know nothing about, and although that is how I learned about 1/3 of what I know, I couldn't have guessed how complicated it could be.

A sign i should stick to what I know, which is beautiful, handmade signs of wood, plexi, foam and aluminum. interior painting. Cabinetwork. fixups / handywork for residential and light commercial.