Listed on Blogwise

Thursday, December 16, 2004

finishing a batch of different sign types

Yesterday I changed my mind on the leafing and went to Aluminum Leaf rather than copper. ( I had full artistic licence on this sign ). I feared that the copper would not last more than a few years even coated, and this being for a cottage is not a sign I can go check up on anytime. I have done it once before and recall it looked best a year later but looked very old by it's third year. I ended up replacing it with gold.
So it's looking fantastic this morning and so today it's add the brass eyebolts, check every detail and then a clear coat; end of the day I'll mount the two carvings on the blank, take a photo or two and print an invoice. for tomorrows delivery.

The school signs have their yellow curvy border and edges. Today it's the backs painted and the front centre area painted vivid blue. Tomorrow it's add vinyl lettering and install, photo, invoice.

The church sign is ready for the vinyl lettering this morning, then I'll assemble it and install it tomorrow as well.

The pedestal sign has been postponed till the spring. She has changed her mind about the slate, and the information she wants on it. She'll call me back in January.

Next is the Billboard which I will now finish final submission for client.

The plastic signs for assembly will wait till next week, they aren't needed for a while anyway.